Friday, December 11, 2009

it's oh so grand.

I decided today that I was going to embark on my own little personal journey in the blogging world.  I currently write for Apartment Therapy & Unplggd and I absolutely love it.  What I don't love?  Not being able to write each and every time I see something really freaking awesome!  This will be my opportunity to remember, share and cherish everything I see that I want to remember forever.. er.. forever= however long this blog lasts!



A few weeks ago, I wrote for the Pedal Co-Op in Philadelphia on Apartment Therapy.  They're essentially pedaling their way to a more perfect Philadelphia.  They pick up recycling and items to be composted from your home or place of business.. via bike!  They bring the recycling to the center on Grays Ferry Avenue (essentially right across the street from my house!)  I see them all of the time and always wondered what they were up to.  Hopefully by writing about them on Apartment Therapy I was able to educate more people about their services (& hopefully they were able to get a few more clients!)



An additional notable piece of information from Apartment Therapy is the Philadelphia House Tour I shot this week.  I met William Baccini when I was doing a Store Tour of Foster's Homeware in Old City.  Ken Foster introduced us and explained Williams background and his love for interior design and color.  It was obviously a House Tour match made in heaven and I was able to visit his home this past Tuesday.  His Artistic Abode was so easy to shoot and I had such a great time speaking with him.  He gave me a somewhat guided tour and spoke to me about each and every piece of furniture in his home.  It was truly inspiring that each and every piece in his house spoke to you, and essentially told a story.  You should check out William & Stephen's Artistic Abode!


(Images: Pedal Co-Op, Kristen Lubbe)

No comments:

Post a Comment